Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Introductions.


So, where to begin?

"Hikari" means "light" in Japanese, the name of this blog is Healthy Happy Light. Here I hope to share with you how I have used Reiki to make my life Healthy, happy and full of light.

I have been studying Gendai Reiki Ho since June of 2005. It has been a wonderful journey for me and I am pleased to announce that in October 2009, I completed my training to become a Gendai Reiki Ho Shihan (master), which means that I am now able to teach Reiki Ho as I continue my own journey with it. I've decided to start a blog dedicated to my musings on Reiki. Mostly to help spread the ideas which come up in my mind as I grow spiritually and hopefully, to help people wishing to get started on a path of Reiki, to be able to make an informed choice when choosing a teacher, discipline and lineage.

To start, I'd like to share with you the difference between Reiki itself and Reiki Ho.
Reiki, is a combination of two Japanese words, "Rei" and "Ki". If you translate the meanings of these words, you will essentially get a meaning like: "universal life force energy" or "soul force". So when we refer to Reiki we are referring to the actual vibrational energy found in the higher dimensions of our universe. This is the vibration of love, harmony and light. The term Reiki Ho however is the accurate term describing a practice in which one uses Reiki to heal, meditate etc. "Ho" meaning, "method" infers a method for utilising this vibration of light and love.

I will be offering some classes and retreats soon in BC and Ontario, I can also suggest other teachers to anyone looking to learn in either area. I can recommend teachers of my discipline (Gendai Reiki Ho) and of other disciplines if desired. I am also happy to answer anybody's questions about Reiki in general or Gendai Reiki Ho. Whether you've learned Reiki with someone else or not at all.

Blessings of love light and harmony to all beings.

- Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment